Ensure Installation of Pipe Spools as per Piping & Instrumentation Drawing, Equipment Arrangement Drawing and Piping Isometrics. He is responsible for certifying that all the Pipe Spools and Piping supports are properly aligned and free from any stresses. He is responsible for fabrication of Pipe Spools at site if needed and sent in Tag weld condition from the manufacturing plant.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
Education & Experience:
Bachelors in Mechanical or Fabrication Engineering or equivalent experience at least 5-10 years working experience in Oil and Gas , piping field.
Addition Skills preferable:
- Operational knowledge/ understanding of compressors.
- A minimum of 5 years in Erection / Commissioning of Piping at site Supervisor position within a technology organization, preferably within Oil & Gas industry.
- Awareness of AWS Certification / SCWI certification
- Understanding and working with highest safety standards.
- Familiar with ISO management system, AWS, ASME, ASTM, API and other industrial codes related to Piping & fabrication.
- Awareness for weld-map with WPS-PQR for carbon steel, stainless steel, duplex steel, Nickle alloys, and cupronickel materials.
Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e MS Office)
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement
- Strong sense of time urgency for critical-path project items, milestones, and key project deliverables
Position Responsibilities and Duties
Shop / Site management for handling Piping related activities
Weld procedure Qualification & review of weld plan as per drawings.
Ensure Piping spools are properly aligned and free of any stress as per international standards.
Pressure Vessel & Heat exchanger & Air cooled Heat exchangers inspection as per ASME/API Code.
Inspection of piping component like flanges, fittings, pipes and Piping valves and report any discrepancy noted at site.
Corrective & Preventive Actions for Quality issues related to piping.
Prepare checklist for Erection & commissioning of Piping as per D-R standards, Drawings and related specifications.
- Reading and Interpretation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings.
- Keep up-to-date, optimize time for piping erection processes, plan for strategic improvements, and maximize company profitability.
- Ability to demonstrate process control during Piping Erection and Modification if require at site.
- Drive the RCA investigation of Quality incidents at site if any.
- Execute data analysis and reporting from the site Quality Incident and monitoring processes.
- Participate in internal and external client inspections at site during Erection & Commissioning.
- Participate in kick off meetings with Client before site activities.
- Ensure Safety, Environments and Quality Compliance at site.
- Report site progress along with technical and safety concerns if any.
- Coordination and planning of activities along with Piping contractor
- Communication with customer, supplier and with the head office team as per site as per requirement
- Attend and resolve site related issues for successful erection of Pipe Spools.
- Arranging of any of the shipments required to overcome site requirements or discrepancies.
- Manage project scope via Contract Change Authorizations (CCA), upselling D-R products and services, as per site requirements of customer.
- Conduct lessons learnt for the issues related to Piping erection.
- Providing all the required inputs for carrying out of the RCA in case of requirements.
- Communicate effectively with clients, project team members and all levels of the organization.
- Update operation team on the project progress and observations.
- Extensive travel to sites sometimes with a short notice.
Dresser-Rand is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apply Here --