ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.
Industrial Automation Division provides modern solutions for various types of industries. The division consists of eight business units: Oil, Gas and Chemicals (IAOG), Process Industries (IAPI), Power Generation (IAPG). Marine and Ports (IAMP), Turbocharging (IATU), Control Technologies (IACT), Measurement and Analytics (IAMA) and Machine & Factory Automation (IAMF). We are close to 1800+ employees in IA division.
As a System & Service Engineer – QCS you will be part of India Operations center – Industrial Automation and will be based out of Bangalore.
- Lead the QCS Project work under the Engineering Manager
- System design, layout, provide shopping list for the Project Manager
- On site Commissioning until production
- Fine-tuning the system and handing over to customer
- Perform the Operation Test and Performance Test for QCS
- On-Site system Engineering, Training and Maintenance
- Optimized engineering of project within the agreed schedule
- Preparation of list of documents
- Preparation of list of deliverables
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Work closely with Sr. Project Engineers/ Project Engineers, Lead Engineers to achieve customer acceptance.
- Preparation of application software and necessary graphics
- Factory acceptance test
- Delivering as-built documents.
- On-time start-up (commissioning) of the delivered projects
- Pre-commissioning protocols, commissioning protocols, commissioning check lists, safety checklists, critical commissioning data, commissioning documents, software backup to be maintained precisely.
- Prepare and maintain pending job list & expedite project closure.
- Submission of weekly time sheets
- Preparation of Commissioning reports based on the project schedule
- Preparation & tracking of warranty reports & replacements.
- Capturing customer complaints and timely solution
- Updating reusable solutions, work-around and problems handled into database
Following safety norms and ensuring safe working environment.
- Minimum B.Tech/ B.E from a reputed University with First Class in Instrumentation & Control / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in QCS solutions by similar suppliers for Paper Machines and/or with QCS maintenance.
- Knowledge on Quality Control System or Scanners in paper industry; Preferred knowhow on
I. Network Platform NP1200/700/ RNP1200/NP800
ii. Smart Platform SP1200/700/ RSP/CF700
- Knowledge on below sensors
I. Basis Weight, STLK/ STLP/ TLS
ii. Moisture, HPIR/ Hemi + IR/ Micro Wave/Reflectance IR
iii. Caliper, Non-Contact/ GT Caliper/ Contact caliper
- Knowledge on CD Actuators would be an added advantage.
- Knowhow of cross-directional control system (Dilution, Slice, Steam and Induction)
- Knowledge of IT/ Network/ Peripherals like UPS, Printer, PC’s, Server components of DCS
- Knowledge in application programming & HMI development/ modifications for QCS systems
- Knowledge on different communication protocols used between QCS to other third party components
- Experience of commissioning/ trouble shooting/ servicing QCS in paper industries
- Able to interface with customers from different cultures
- A quick grasp for user and functional requirements
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Willing to travel extensively in India & across the globe.
For more details please visit ABB Career page.
Business Unit Process Industries
Design and Engineering
Apply Here -----