[A Government of India Enterprise]
Manager (Products and Operations) on FIXED TERM CONTRACT BASIS at Mumbai
SBU: TRAVEL & VACATIONS
Balmer Lawrie, a public sector company under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, is a
professionally managed, multi-location, diversified conglomerate having presence in manufacturing as
well as service sectors, with a consistent track record of growth and profitability. High standards of
customer service, innovative outlook and dedicated human resources have enabled the organization to
achieve leadership position in many of its businesses.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Company operates in various business segments through Strategic Business Units [SBUs] and Joint
Venture Companies [JVCs]. It is the market leader in Steel Barrel, Industrial Greases & Specialty
Lubricants, Tours & Travel and Logistics Services. It also has significant presence in most of the other
businesses it operates, namely, Leather Chemicals, Logistics Infrastructure, Refinery & Oil Field
Services [ROFS] etc.
The SBU Travel & Vacations is a major SBU of the Company & its team consists of handpicked
professionals from the industry. The combined wealth of experience of the team tops more than 300
years in the Holiday Business. The Company has ambitious growth plans for the SBU. In pursuance of
these objectives, the SBU seeks to bring on board professionals with dynamism, initiative and an
innovative approach to business. The current opening is on 3 years fixed term contract and the details
of the position are as given below:-
Position Name Manager (Products and Operations)
Business Vertical Vacations
No. of vacancies 1 (one)
Max Age 45 years
Minimum qualification Graduation
Graduates with Post Graduate qualification in Travel & Tourism
will be preferred.
Minimum Post Qualification
Candidates with prior experience of handling operations of GIT /
MICE group tours in reputed companies in the Holidays industry
will be preferred.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:-
Day to day Operational supervising of GIT / Ad Hoc tours
Making itineraries and costing for ad hoc groups and following an enquiry from quote through to
booking by ensuring relevant business processes are followed.
Monitoring all the communication of the team with the customers (sales staff and DMC's)
Operating groups within the stipulated budgets to enhance profitability and optimize revenues
Co-ordinating with the airline team and ensuring tickets are issued on time within the given
Communicating with the overseas DMC's on a day - to - day basis and also ensuring the team sends
out correct rooming lists, and other details to the ground operator.
Ensuring all cancellation deadlines are adhered to and checking all the documents handed over to
Preparing correct lerms and expense sheet for the tour managers and checking all the documents
handed over to the tour managers
Co-ordinating on a daily basis with tour managers while on tour in regard to operational issues
Monitoring the working of the team and ensuring timely and accurate solutions are given to the
sales team in order to close sales
Ensuring accurate remittances are made to overseas suppliers on time
Preparing comparison charts with competition products and handing over the same to the sales
Mentoring, training, developing teammates for career progression and learning
Analyzing the team performance and guiding them to improve their efficiency
The above list in only indicative and not exhaustive
Selected candidates will be placed on three year fixed term contract. Compensation will be linked to
qualification and experience and shall be as per the industry standards.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Pls. apply through the e-recruitment portal. To apply through the portal you need to first
register. You can register using the following link:
2. After creation of your profile, pls. ensure that you apply against the appropriate position by
going to the “Employment Opportunities” tab. Only creation of profile does not ensure
consideration of your candidature for a job.
3. In case of any difficulty, please send your feedback by clicking on the “Feedback” link.
4. Last date for submission of applications is 30th June, 2018.
5. Please read The Other General Conditions before applying for the positions.
Other General Terms & Conditions:
1. Before applying for the post, candidates should ensure that he/she fulfills the MINIMUM
ELIGIBILITY and other criteria mentioned in this advertisement. BALMER LAWRIE & CO. LTD.
being the Appointing Authority would be free to reject any application at any stage of the
recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has
applied. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
2. Incomplete applications received after the due date ARE LIABLE FOR BEING REJECTED
3. Request for change of Mailing address / Email / category / posts as mentioned in the
application will not be entertained.
4. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same
does not entitle a candidate for shortlisting and or final selection. Candidates will be
shortlisted based on the relevance and quality of experience vis-à-vis the requirements of the
advertised role. The Company’s decision shall be final in this regard.
5. The job description mentioned above is only indicative. It may change based on the
requirement of the Company and discretion of the management.
6. Only short listed candidates who are found prima facie eligible based on the details given in
the application form will be called for the written test and / or personal interview as the case
7. Candidature of the candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or
after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false
or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
8. The Company reserves the right to relax age in case of candidates with longer years of
experience/in case of exceptionally qualified or experienced candidates.
9. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the advertised positions
without assigning any reason whatsoever.
10. The Company reserves the right to shortlist candidates depending upon the number of
vacancies and application received, etc., and also to decide the modalities for recruitment
whether through Interview / Written Test/ Group Discussion or all of these and the
11. The Company reserves the right to offer the position in appropriate lower Grade & Salary.
12. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature. Any
dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled within the
jurisdiction of appropriate Court only.
13. The applicant must provide his/her correct and updated email id & mobile number. Please note
that the intimation for interview, if shortlisted, will be sent through email only.
14. The number of vacancies is indicative. The Company reserves the right to increase or decrease
the number of vacancies purely on need basis at any point of time during recruitment process.
15. The Location/ Place of posting mentioned are indicative, selected candidate shall be required
to work in any location in India or outside the Country including assignments to Company’s
Joint Ventures/ Associates.
16. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed travel expenses as per the rules
of the Company.
17. In respect of exceptionally qualified & qualitatively experienced candidates the minimum
overall years of experience as prescribed, may be relaxed at the sole discretion of the
18. The advertisement will be taken down from the company website at 06:30 pm on the last date
for submission of applications.
19. Please note that no applications sent directly over email or telephone will be entertained.
Interested applicants have to necessarily apply online on our website for the position.
APPLICATIONS NOT RECEIVED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Apply Here --